Windows XP Professional delivers the new standard in reliability and performance. This operating system is designed for businesses of all sizes and for users who demand the most from their computing experience.
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is designed to provide faster performance, increased reliability, and flexibility to today’s most demanding users, enabling them to run memory- and calculation-intensive applications and processes more efficiently. This new technology arms technical workstation users and cutting-edge home PC enthusiasts with a secure platform that can run new 64-bit applications as well as most existing 32-bit applications for maximum flexibility on a single PC.
With Windows XP Professional, you get:
- Greater security, including the ability to encrypt your files and folders, to protect your business data.
- Premier mobile support for the ability to work offline or access your computer remotely.
- Built-in support for high-performance multiprocessor systems.
- Designed to work with Microsoft Windows Servers and management solutions.
- Communicate efficiently with others around the world by working in any given language.
Supported processors: AMD Athlon 64, AMD Opteron, Intel Xeon with Intel EM64T support, Intel Pentium 4 with Intel EM64T support
256 MB RAM
1.5 GB available hard-disk space
Super VGA (800x600) or higher resolution video card
CD-ROM or DVD drive
Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
Important: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition cannot be successfully installed on 64-bit Intel Itanium-based systems.